What happens when students are sick?
- If your student is feeling sick or unwell, please keep them home.
- As we approach winter, respiratory illnesses become more prevalent. If students experience cold or flu symptoms that last longer than 24 hours, please call your primary care doctor and/or have your student take a Covid test prior to returning to school.
- If you have a major illness in the household with students who have cough and/or fever, and your children are not vaccinated, please keep all students home.
- For students with major Covid-19 symptoms such as loss of taste or smell, cough and/or fever, call your primary care provider, expecting that a PCR test will likely be ordered.
- Covid-19 testing options can be accessed here.
COVID-19 & Well-Child Checkups
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things. But one thing is still the same ... children need their check-ups and vaccinations. Colorado is no longer under Stay-at-Home orders, and families are encouraged to seek needed routine care they may have delayed. Click here for more information!
What is HTI?
Interested in what the Homegrown Talent Initiative (HTI) is? Want to understand what we've been up to the last year? Check out this 13 minute video where we share not only what HTI is but opportunities for your student(s) to explore different careers and get hands-on experiences through job shadows and internships.
If you are an interested business partner and would like to understand how you can get involved or have questions about how your students can get involved please reach out: Stacy Starr | Homegrown Talent Initiative Coordinator | email@example.com
Kathy Kopp | Grand County Higher Education | firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Park Competition Center Full Time Academy at MPHS and EGMS
This is a unique program for ski and snowboard athletes who want to take their sport to the next level. It is offered to students in 7th grade through 12th grade. These athletes have a modified schedule in the winter months, where they take their core classes in the morning and are on snow in the afternoons.
The following disciplines are available: Freeski Park and Pipe, Alpine Racing, Freestyle Skiing, Big Mountain Skiing, Snowboard and Nordic Skiing.
For more information on the Academy program and how to apply, go to the Winter Park Competition Center website and click on the "Academy" link: http://content.winterparkresort.com/things-to-do/competition-center/programs